Norwegian Getaway - Cruises from $99
Beginning winter 2014, Norwegian Getaway sails to the tropics year-round from Miami with 7-day Eastern Caribbean cruises. She combines a wide range of accommodations with the most amazing experiences Norwegian has to offer. Connect with the ocean on The Waterfront, an innovative, industry-first open-air promenade. Feel the constant flow of energy and excitement throughout 678 Ocean Place and every unique space. Abandon land and getaway.
Norwegian Getaway Facts and Statistics
- Cruise Line Norwegian Cruise Line
- Year Built 2014
- Ship's Class/Group Contemporary
- Tonnage 145,655
- Passengers (Max Occupancy) 3969 Passengers
- Number of Crew 1640
- Country of Registry Bahamas
Norwegian Getaway Cruise Ship Information
Norwegian Cruise Line's new state-of-the-art 4,000 passenger ship, Norwegian Getaway, is the largest ship to home port year-round in Miami. The Getaway is the second of the two Breakaway Class ships; her sister-ship, the Norwegian Breakaway, debuted April 2013 to rave reviews. As Miami's Ultimate Ship, she embodies the essence of her topical hometown with hull artwork by Miami's own David 'LEBO' Le Batard, which features a whimsical mermaid holding the sun above the waves. The Getaway offers seven-day Eastern Caribbean itineraries from PortMiami year-round.
Norwegian Getaway Highlights
- The Waterfront - Imagine spending your day or night exploring shops, restaurants and bars along a quarter-mile oceanfront boardwalk. The breeze tickles your skin. You can almost taste the salt air. Your connection to the ocean strengthens with each moment you spend outdoors. Now, imagine you're miles out to sea. Eight decks above the water and worlds away from anything you've ever experienced.
- 678 Ocean Place - As soon as you approach, you can feel the energy. It's captivating. Magnetic. Contemporary glass staircases connect the decks, each offering its own vibe from nightspots to restaurants. This electric destination is the heart of Norwegian Getaway.
- The Haven - Hidden away at the top of the ship is an exclusive ship-within-a-ship experience, consisting of 42 suites forward on Decks 15 and 16. If you didn't want to, you would never really have to leave this area that includes a private restaurant, cocktail bar and concierge desk. In the center, there is a two-story courtyard including a pool, two whirlpools, private sundeck, private massage rooms, changing area and sauna. The Haven also offers a private spa and fitness center. Guests receive special platinum-colored key-cards, 24-hour butler service, priority reservations in the ships specialty restaurants, spa, entertainment and exclusive invitations to private events.
So much to see. See much to do. So little to worry about. So it's no wonder that Norwegian Cruise Line is among the top large-ship cruise lines for families in the Travel + Leisure 2012 World's Best Awards.
Splash Academy is Norwegian Getaway's complimentary youth program where children ages 3-12 can enjoy age-appropriate creative play, sports and more. From scavenger hunts to shipboard family challenges and dodge ball to pizza-making, there's something fun for everyone. Teens 13-17 have their own space at Entourage a hip clubhouse by day and nightclub by night. Add fashion and theater workshops, themed events, pool parties and more. Even the under two crowd can enjoy special playtime with their parents in a dedicated area.
At the Sports Complex, challenge the kids to a game of mini golf or climb the largest ropes course at sea. There's a basketball court and an enclosed climbing cage, too.
The Aqua Park offers five multi-story water slides! Add two swimming pools, four hot tubs and water features and you've got more ways to have fun than ever. For the younger crowd, the Kids Aqua Park features SpongeBob SquarePants and friends along with a perfectly sized pool.
Enjoy exclusive Nickelodeon entertainment such as Pajama Jam Character Breakfast, Dora's Dance Party, Nickelodeon Character Meet and Greets, Story Time with Dora and Nickelodeon Arts and Crafts.
Norwegian Getaway offers fun throughout each cruise for the entire family to experience together including, but not limited to, Family Fun Shipboard Challenges, Family Circus Show, Family Movie Night, Family Pizza Making, Family Scavenger Hunts, Family Building Block Hour, Game Show Challenges, and Family Poolside Challenges.
With lots of family friendly accommodation choices and dining options, you're all set! Ready to dive into family fun? Get onboard!
No matter what you are craving, no matter what mood you're in, the Norwegian Getaway has something for you. You have numerous restaurants of different styles to choose from with both indoor and outdoor seating. You'll find Freestyle Cruising favorites along with exciting new venues like Ocean Blue, an incredible seafood restaurant from celebrity chef and New York City restaurateur, Geoffrey Zakarian. Dine indoors at Ocean Blue and experience a fine dining event, or visit the casual Ocean Blue at the Waterfront for a variety of Zakarian's favorite seaside eats like the Lobster Roll. Master Baker Buddy Valastro opened his second Carlo's Bake Shop at sea onboard the Norwegian Getaway, the first debuted on sister-ship Norwegian Breakaway. Signature menu items will include freshly baked cookies, cakes and pies, Italian butter cookies, biscotti, and an assortment of cupcakes. Plus, Norwegian Getaway has three complimentary main dining rooms: Savor, Taste and The Tropicana Room.
- Ocean Blue by Geoffrey Zakarian
- Carlos Bake Shop
- Le Bistro French Restaurant
- Cagney's Steakhouse
- Savor Restaurant
- Taste Restaurant
- The Tropicana Room
- Moderno Churrascaria
- O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
- Shanghai's Noodle Bar
- La Cucina Italian Restaurant
- Dolce Gelato
- Wasabi Sushi Bar
- Flamingo Bar & Grill
- Garden Cafe
Whether you're looking for an exhilarating plummet down Free Fall (the fastest water slide at sea) or non-stop action at a red-hot blackjack table, Norwegian Getaway delivers what you need.
Take your pick of five multi-story water slides, two swimming pools and four hot tubs at the Aqua Park. The kids can splash with SpongeBob SquarePants and friends in the pirated themed Kids Aqua Park. Take a break from the action and relax in a lounger alongside the pool. Life is good at the top and overflowing with excitement. Sports fans of all levels can challenge themselves in all kinds of ways in the three-story, open air Sports Complex, from the largest ropes course at sea to the ocean-themed 9-hole mini golf course. Test your climbing skills on the rock- climbing wall or get tangled up in the Spider Web, a 24-foot enclosed climbing cage complete with a spiral slide. Or shoot some hoops on the basketball court.
Grownups have an outstanding bevy of exclusive venues to explore onboard, from our casino to adult-only playgrounds like Spice H20 and Vibe Beach Club.
Entertainment & Bars
Norwegian Cruise Line continued its legacy of innovating cruise ship entertainment on the Norwegian Getaway. They proudly present seven-time Tony Award nominated musical Legally Blonde, the dazzling Broadway show and dance sensation Burn the Floor, and an all-new stand-up comedy program in partnership with Levity Entertainment Group, the largest producer of comedians in the world. But the music and fun doesn't stop there. Jam to the cool sounds in Fat Cats Jazz & Blues Club, sing and dance at Howl at the Moon, the world's greatest rock n roll dueling piano show or laugh it up with some of the best comedians in the world at Headliners Comedy Club.
Norwegian Getaway was also be the first to have the GRAMMY Experience at sea which will feature artifacts chosen and curated by the GRAMMY Museum along with live performances by past GRAMMY winners and nominees, among others. The ship also features an all-new dining and entertainment experience, The Illusionarium. A first of its kind at sea, The Illusionarium envelops guests in the fascinating world of magic, inviting them to experience the astonishing illusions of world-class magicians and supernatural special effects. In addition, every Norwegian Getaway sailing features a dazzling fireworks show in Spice H20.If you find yourself in need of a cocktail, the Norwegian Getaway gives you plenty of options in a variety of bars and lounges.
- Prime Meridian Bar - Get recharged at the heart of 678 Ocean Place.
- Sugarcane Mojito Bar - Enjoy a refreshing mojito with friends day or night.
- Mixx Bar - Meet up with friends before or after dinner at this hip, modern bar.
- Cafe & Bar at the Atrium - Linger with your favorite cocktail or enjoy a steamed cappuccino in this grand space that offers spectacular three-deck vertical views.
- Bar 21 - Steps away from all the exciting action at Casinos At Sea, you'll find the bustling and intimate Bar 21.
- O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grille Set in the heart of 678 Ocean Place, this is the place to hang 24/7 with darts, billiards, arcade games and the big game in a relaxed, pub atmosphere.
- Bliss Ultra Lounge Dance the night away in this electric nightclub. The glowing walls and bar even illuminate to the intensifying beats.
- Spice H2O This adult-only escape is located on Deck 15 and serves as a relaxing spot to lounge by the hot tub and a soothing waterfull during the day. At night, it turns into an outdoor dance club and place to grab a drink with an ocean view. You don't want to miss the 1980s-themed deck party and fireworks show set to a specially-selected playlist of classic 1980s hits by artists like Madonna, Devo and Prince.
- Vibe Beach Club - Guests ages 18 and over are able to enjoy the area by purchasing an access pass once onboard the ship. Vibe Beach Club offers ocean views, an over-sized hot tub, comfortable cabanas, chaise loungers and a beautiful water feature. Access also includes water spritzers, chilled towels and fruit skewers.
- SVEDKA/Inniskillin Ice Bar Kept at 17 degrees Fahrenheit, the ships ice bar will feature icy 3D elements inspired by the ships Magic City home such as South Beach's iconic Ocean Drive skyline and palm trees etched into the icy walls, a "Welcome to Miami Beach" sign and a life-size alligator throne made entirely of ice. In addition, the entire bar, seating and glassware will all also be made of ice.
Spa & Fitness
Norwegian Getaway's Day Spa, Medi Spa, Salon and Fitness Center offers guests a world-class rejuvenating experience a vacation within a vacation. The journey begins on Deck 15 where you can experience well-trained massage therapists specializing in over 50 treatments from hot-stone massages to oxygen facials. Acupuncture and age-defying treatments are on the menu as well.
Whether you prefer free weights, TRX training, cardio on the most advanced equipment or aerobics, spinning or kickboxing classes, work up a sweat in the Fitness Center.
After a workout or spa treatment, head to the Thermal Suite, a wonderland featuring steam room, dry sauna, Vitality pool, hot tubs, waterfalls and heated tile loungers. An experience you don't want to miss is the Salt Room, created to mimic the natural, highly therapeutic salt caves in Eastern Europe and created to soothe mind, body and soul. Simply inhale, exhale and be well.