Carnival Sunshine - Cruises from $324
Meet the incredible light of a brand-new dawn, Carnival Sunshine. Everything the sunlight touches on Carnival Sunshine has been doused with an extra dose of fun, and there's plenty atop this ship, where you can spend your days being kissed by the warm rays of the sun.
Carnival Sunshine Facts and Statistics
- Cruise Line Carnival Cruises
- Year Built 2013
- Ship's Class/Group Contemporary
- Tonnage 102,853
- Passengers (Max Occupancy) 3002 Passengers
- Number of Crew 1040
- Officer's Nationality International
- Hotel Staff Nationality International
- Crew/Hotel Staff Nationality International
- Country of Registry Panama
Carnival Sunshine Cruise Ship Information
Imagine how many fun places Carnival was able to create for you on a ship that's as long as three football fields. For starters, you can jump into your choice of three pools (the fourth one's for the kiddies). You can barrel down a water slide, participate in poolside games, or just relax with a tropical drink (they'll even throw in the umbrella).
Carnival Sunshine embarked on a schedule of nine- and 12-day Mediterranean voyages from Barcelona and Venice from April to October 2013 then launched year-round seven-day Caribbean departures from New Orleans beginning November 2013.
This was Carnival's most ambitious ship conversion project to date and it radically transformed the Carnival Destiny into essentially an entirely new ship offering a variety of exciting dining and beverage choices, spectacular outdoor spaces and entertainment options, and on-board innovations not available anywhere else, said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.
Onboard the new Carnival Sunshine, you'll find new areas that are familiar to Carnival's Funship 2.0 project, such as Blue Iguana Cantina, Guy's Burger Joint, and the adult exclusive area, Serenity! But this is no ordinary Serenity, it spans 3 decks!
Not only are there new areas to explore and enjoy, but the Sunshine has 182 more cabins then the Destiny!If you're looking for Sunshine, you'll find it here!
Aboard the Sunshine there are no boundaries to activities.
Raise your heart rate, feel your worries float away and show off your style with the help of Spa Carnival's services designed for the revitalization of your mind, body and soul.
- Photo Studio - purchase various photos taken onboard during your cruise
- Library - a quiet place to relax
- Card Room
- Sunshine Shops - Duty Free Shops & Galleria Shopping Mall
- Virtual World - arcade for the children
- 4 Pools - all outdoor
- WaterWorks, a splash-tastic top-deck attraction thats sure to be a hit with guests of all ages with wet n wild thrills such as the lines iconic Twister water slide, a Splash Zone kids water play area, an all-new thrill slide and other fun features
- 7 Jacuzzies - 5 outdoor/2 indoor
- Camp Carnival for the children
- Children's Club - 2 levels (including an outdoor pool)
- Full Equipped Nautica/Spa & Health Club
- Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Closed Circuit TV & Satellite TV at sea
- Carnival's first three-deck-high Serenity adults-only retreat, an oasis of tranquility offering plush chaise lounges and chairs, a whirlpool, a cascading waterfall, teak-planked decks, a pool, a complimentary dining area with freshly made salads that can be customized by guests, and, of course, magnificent sea views
- SportSquare, Carnival Sunshine's new open-air recreation complex that includes such attractions as a ropes course, mini-golf course, a lighted half court for basketball and volleyball, jogging track, ping pong, pool, and foosball tables, and bar with a large flat-screen for those who want to check out the action on
- Carnival's Seaside Theatre, a poolside 270-square-foot high-tech LED screen offering nightly Dive In Movies, along with a variety of concerts, sporting events and other programming, all of which are enjoyed in the fresh sea air
Beat the Odds
Feeling lucky? We'll bet you have the time of your life in one of the friendly casinos, some of the largest at sea. Slot machines, black jack, poker, roulette and more, make a fantastic time in a Carnival casino a sure thing.
It's always a culinary event in Carnival's formal dining rooms. They've set the table for a first-class dining experience, including: fresh lobster on every cruise, an extensive wine list and attentive service.
A classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks and gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, all enhanced by understated ambiance and impeccable service.
From the extravagant midnight buffets (on select ships), to the European-style cafes, sushi bars and 24-hour pizzeria, you'll discover a myriad of palate-pleasing favorites that even the most discriminating diner will enjoy.
Satisfy Every Appetite
Carnival didn't forget about their youngest cruisers. Their children's menus feature plenty of kid-pleasing favorites including spaghetti and meatballs, hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza, assorted desserts and much more.
New Dining Experiences
Guy's Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere that celebrates the chef's California roots and love of car culture.
BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas that can be personalized with a variety of salsas and toppings.
Cucina del Capitano or The Captain's Kitchen with Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in a fun and engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
A stunning new full-service Asian restaurant inspired by the line's popular Mongolian wok casual eateries that will feature an extensive menu of delicious favorites from the Far East, along with a striking Asian-themed dcor.
An expansive casual poolside eatery, Lido Marketplace, offering a seemingly endless array of delectable favorites from around the world, from paninis and pizza to a deli offering piled-high sandwiches and just about everything in between.
A new casual dining option, The Comfort Kitchen, located within the Lido Marketplace and offering a tempting array of American-style comfort food entrees and side dishes.
Completely renovated main dining rooms that will offer extensive menus and wine lists, with a tantalizing selection of salads, appetizers, entrees and desserts nightly, including Carnival's legendary chocolate melting cake.
A newly designed coffee bar, serving a wide range of sweet and frothy concoctions such as cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and other caffeinated favorites, along with delicious pastries and other decadent confections.
When the sun meets the sea, the Sunshine doesn't stop there. Whether you're indulging in the exceptional array of Lounges and Nightclubs, being dazzled by Las Vegas Style Shows, or bringing in the new day with Live Entertainment, Carnival guarantees your cruise will be worth your while.
- The Show Lounge features a spanning three levels with traditional theatre seating
- Sunshine Bar
- Limelight Lounge and Dance Room
- EA Sports Bar complete with large-screen TVs for viewing all your favorite sports events
- Get Lucky and win big in one of the most exciting Casinos afloat!
- Destiny's Bar and Lounge
- Dance club on Ocean Plaza
- Redfrog Pub and Alchemy Bar
- The Punchliner Comedy Club Presented by George Lopez, featuring a hilarious line-up of both established and up-and-coming talent evaluated and vetted by the popular TV personality who serves as Carnival's curator of comedy
- Piano Bar 88, a new twist on Carnival's popular piano bar concept that will amp up the excitement with themed nights, an engaging new decor and opportunities for spontaneous sing-along fun
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show through a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the company's iconic and popular games and presented in the ship's remodeled main show lounge
Newly designed play areas catering to kids in three age groups are available, part of the line's top-rated childrens' programs. Camp Carnival (2-11), Circle C (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17), all have enthusiastic counselors and fun supervised activities, along with popular elements of Carnival's new partnership with Hasbro.
All staterooms have been fully revamped and feature a new tropical decor that pays homage to the ship's Caribbean itineraries with a combination of bright colors and soothing pastels, 182 new staterooms added across a broad range of accommodations from interior to balconies, and 96 new spa staterooms.
Cloud 9 Spa Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, this facility sets a new standard in ocean-going wellness with a sophisticated menu of exotic therapies, an elaborate thermal suite with varying degrees of soothing warmth, private treatment rooms, and the latest exercise equipment.
The FunHub, featuring dozens of flat-panel stations for keeping up with the latest Carnival Sunshine happenings, surfing the Web, and staying in touch with friends and family back home.
Cherry On Top, which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more!
Ocean Plaza, a stunning cafe and entertainment venue where guests can meet new friends, listen to music, enjoy drinks and light snacks, participate in a wide range of activities and people watch.
Three different week-long itineraries are offered in an exotic western Caribbean route to Belize City, Belize; Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, and Cozumel, Mexico; a Bahamas/Florida schedule to Key West, Florida, and Freeport and Nassau, The Bahamas; and western Caribbean departures to Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel.