In 2013, the Carnival Destiny will enter into a 49 day drydock at the Fincantieri Shipyard in Venice Italy and will emerge as something new and more exciting then ever... The Carnival Sunshine!
Imagine how many fun places we were able to create for you on a ship that's as long as three football fields. For starters, you can jump into your choice of three pools (the fourth one's for the kiddies). You can barrel down a water slide, participate in poolside games, or just relax with a tropical drink (they'll even throw in the umbrella).
Following the dry dock, Carnival Sunshine will embark on a schedule of nine- and 12-day Mediterranean voyages from Barcelona and Venice from April to October 2013 then launch year-round seven-day Caribbean departures from New Orleans beginning November 2013.
This is their most ambitious ship conversion project to date and it will radically transform the Carnival Destiny into essentially an entirely new ship offering a variety of exciting dining and beverage choices, spectacular outdoor spaces and entertainment options, and on-board innovations not available anywhere else, said Gerry Cahill, Carnival president and CEO.
Onboard the new Carnival Sunshine, you'll find new areas that are familiar to Carnival's Funship 2.0 project, such as BlueIguana Cantina, Guy's Burger Joint, and the adult exclusive area, Serenity! But this is no ordinary Serenity, it will span 3 decks!
Not only will there be new areas to explore and enjoy, but the Sunshine will have 182 more cabins then the Destiny!
If you're looking for Sunshine, you'll find it here!
Aboard the Sunshine there are no boundaries to activities.
Raise your heart rate, feel your worries float away and show off your style with the help of Spa Carnivals services designed for the revitalization of your mind, body and soul.
Beat the Odds
- Photo Studio - purchase various photos taken onboard during your cruise
- Library - a quiet place to relax
- Card Room
- Sunshine Shops - Duty Free Shops & Galleria Shopping Mall
- Virtual World - arcade for the children
- 4 Pools - all outdoor
- WaterWorks, a splash-tastic top-deck attraction thats sure to be a hit with guests of all ages with wet n wild thrills such as the lines iconic Twister water slide, a Splash Zone kids water play area, an all-new thrill slide and other fun features
- 7 Jacuzzies - 5 outdoor/2 indoor
- Camp Carnival for the children
- Children's Club - 2 levels (including an outdoor pool)
- Full Equipped Nautica/Spa & Health Club
- Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
- Closed Circuit TV & Satellite TV at sea
- Carnivals first three-deck-high Serenity adults-only retreat, an oasis of tranquility offering plush chaise lounges and chairs, a whirlpool, a cascading waterfall, teak-planked decks, a pool, a complimentary dining area with freshly made salads that can be customized by guests, and, of course, magnificent sea views
- SportSquare, Carnival Sunshines new open-air recreation complex that includes such attractions as a ropes course, mini-golf course, a lighted half court for basketball and volleyball, jogging track, ping pong, pool, and foosball tables, and bar with a large flat-screen for those who want to check out the action on
- Carnivals Seaside Theatre, a poolside 270-square-foot high-tech LED screen offering nightly Dive In Movies, along with a variety of concerts, sporting events and other programming, all of which are enjoyed in the fresh sea air
Feeling lucky? We'll bet you have the time of your life in one of our friendly casinos, some of the largest at sea. Slot machines, black jack, poker, roulette and more, make a fantastic time in a Carnival casino a sure thing.
It's always a culinary event in a Carnival formal dining rooms. They've set the table for a first-class dining experience, including: fresh lobster on every cruise, an extensive wine list and attentive service.
A classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks and gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, all enhanced by understated ambiance and impeccable service.
From the extravagant midnight buffets (on select ships), to the European-style cafes, sushi bars and 24-hour pizzeria, you'll discover a myriad of palate-pleasing favorites that even the most discriminating diner will enjoy.
Satisfy Every Appetite
Carnival didn't forget about our youngest cruisers. Their children's menus feature plenty of kid-pleasing favorites including spaghetti and meatballs, hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza, assorted desserts and much more.
New Dining Experiences
Guys Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries in an atmosphere that celebrates the chefs California roots and love of car culture
BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas that can be personalized with a variety of salsas and toppings
Cucina del Capitano or The Captains Kitchen with Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in a fun and engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home
A stunning new full-service Asian restaurant inspired by the lines popular Mongolian wok casual eateries that will feature an extensive menu of delicious favorites from the Far East, along with a striking Asian-themed dcor
An expansive casual poolside eatery, Lido Marketplace, offering a seemingly endless array of delectable favorites from around the world, from paninis and pizza to a deli offering piled-high sandwiches and just about everything in between
A new casual dining option, The Comfort Kitchen, located within the Lido Marketplace and offering a tempting array of American-style comfort food entrees and side dishes
Completely renovated main dining rooms that will offer extensive menus and wine lists, with a tantalizing selection of salads, appetizers, entrees and desserts nightly, including Carnivals legendary chocolate melting cake
A newly designed coffee bar, serving a wide range of sweet and frothy concoctions such as cappuccinos, lattes, espressos and other caffeinated favorites, along with delicious pastries and other decadent confections
When the sun meets the sea, the Sunshine
doesn't stop there. Whether you're indulging in our exceptional array of Lounges and Nightclubs
, being dazzled by our Las Vegas Style Shows
, or bringing in the new day with our Live Entertainment
. Carnival guarantees your cruise will be worth your while.
- The Show Lounge features a spanning three levels with traditional theatre seating
- Sunshine Bar
- Limelight Lounge and Dance Room
- EA Sports Bar complete with large-screen TVs for viewing all your favorite sports events
- Get Lucky and win big in one of the most exciting Casinos afloat!
- Destiny's Bar and Lounge
- Dance club on Ocean Plaza!
- Redfrog Pub and Alchemy Bar!
- The Punchliner Comedy Club Presented by George Lopez, featuring a hilarious line-up of both established and up-and-coming talent evaluated and vetted by the popular TV personality who serves as Carnivals curator of comedy
- Piano Bar 88, a new twist on Carnivals popular piano bar concept that will amp up the excitement with themed nights, an engaging new dcor and opportunities for spontaneous sing-along fun
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show through a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the companys iconic and popular games and presented in the ships remodeled main show lounge
Newly designed play areas catering to kids in three age groups, part of the lines top-rated childrens programs Camp Carnival (2-11), Circle C (12-14) and Club O2 (15-17), with enthusiastic counselors and fun supervised activities for each group, along with popular elements of Carnivals new partnership with Hasbro
All staterooms will be fully revamped and feature a new tropical dcor that pays homage to the ships Caribbean itineraries with a combination of bright colors and soothing pastels, with 182 new staterooms to be added across a broad range of accommodations from interior to balconies, including 96 new spa staterooms
Cloud 9 Spa Designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, this newly constructed facility will set a new standard in oceangoing wellness with a sophisticated menu of exotic therapies, an elaborate thermal suite with varying degrees of soothing warmth, private treatment rooms, and the latest exercise equipment.
The FunHub, featuring dozens of flat-panel stations for keeping up with the latest Carnival Sunshine happenings, surfing the Web, and staying in touch with friends and family back home.
Cherry On Top, which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more!
Ocean Plaza, a stunning caf and entertainment venue where guests can meet new friends, listen to music, enjoy drinks and light snacks, participate in a wide range of activities and people watch
Carnival Sunshine will launch a series of Mediterranean cruises beginning with a 14-day voyage departing from Venice April 12 and arriving in Barcelona April 26, 2013. The ship will then operate a series of 18 nine- and 12-day Mediterranean cruises either round-trip from Barcelona or sailing between Barcelona and Venice. These departures will visit a wide variety of the Mediterraneans most spectacular ports, including Marseilles, France; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Livorno (Pisa/Florence) and Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; and Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Carnival Sunshine will then sail on a 16-day trans-Atlantic crossing departing Barcelona Nov. 1 and arriving New Orleans Nov. 17, 2013, positioning the vessel for its year-round deployment from the Big Easy.
Following a special six-day cruise from New Orleans Nov. 18-24, 2013, Carnival Sunshine will launch its year-round seven-day cruise schedule from that port Nov. 24, 2013. Three different week-long itineraries will be offered an exotic western Caribbean route to Belize City, Belize; Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan, and Cozumel, Mexico; a Bahamas/Florida schedule to Key West, Fla., and Freeport and Nassau, The Bahamas; and western Caribbean departures to Montego Bay, Jamaica; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel.